Monday, February 18, 2013

Cryptozoology Coloring Book- Kraken



Still working on some options for the background and prey, but here's my take on the mythic Kraken. 


The big news here is my newest studio upgrade! I got my Wacom drawing tablet in the mail last week and have been putting it to use "inking" my Kraken drawing. It's taken some time to get used to the idea of drawing on a surface and looking on a screen for the result, but overall I think it will make these drawings go a lot quicker. When it comes time to publish, having the files already digital and more easily editable will save some headaches. 

The downside is that using the new medium will require some changes to my illustration techniques, so it may be a while before I'm posting pieces that are truly finished. Overall, I'm really excited for the opportunities this will open up.

No comments:

Post a Comment